20 years of ‘The Simpsons’By Village Mayor • Feb 9th, 2009 • Category: Latest Post, Miscellaneous
Hard to believe… ‘The Simpsons’ has been around for 20 years….
The series was created by Matt Groening, who designed the Simpson family and named the characters after his own family members, substituting “Bart” for his own name.
There’s one important date in history for all fans of the Simpsons: Dec 17, 1989. It’s the day when first full length episode of The Simpsons was aired.
This post is about The Simpsons. You will find a little history, art and other funny, odd and interesting things that relate to this awesome TV Show.
Ok, let’s begin. As you probably already know, the birth of Simpsons was in The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19, 1987. I don’t want to get into details, because nowadays you can find everything in wikipedia so if you would like to know more about that click here: The Simpsons shorts , in meantime I thought it would be nice to remember how those Simpsons looked like…
Simpsons from on Tracey Ullman Show
The Simpsons (Tracy Ullman Show) – The Perfect Crime (MG16)
Simpsons Christmas Special Promo (1989)
Pie Man and the Cupcake Kid
(Image Credits: Javier Volcán)
- Homer always has been an outstanding figure. A man who can teach a lot. A man who can we all learn from. So I’d like to share a little peace of his wisdom and knowledge. Homer’s quotes:
- Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery numbers.
- Doughnuts. Is there anything they can’t do?
- You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.
- Son, when you participate in sporting events, it’s not whether you win or lose: it’s how drunk you get.
- Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
- I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.
- All my life I’ve had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
- Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.
- If something’s hard to do, then it’s not worth doing.
Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.
Homer and SpiderPig
(Image Credits: riacale)
Simpsons seem to have pretty huge influence on some people: 22 year old jailed for singing Simpsons Spiderpig Theme.
He sat in the back of the police van and called the arresting officer ‘Ginger’ before proceeding to sing the theme tune of the ill-fated Spider Pig from The Simpsons Movie. Read full article here .
In case you’ve forgotten the lyrics, here’s a quick reminder:
How much do you love me? ~ Sideshow Bob
(Image Credits: Dustin Diaz)
Quotes by Sideshow Bob:
I’ll be back. You can’t keep the Democrats out of the White House forever, and when they get in, I’m back on the streets, with all my criminal buddies.
No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and lived to tell about it.
Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?
Your guilty consciences may make you vote Democratic, but secretly you all yearn for a Republican president to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king!
Charles Montgomery Burns
(Image Credits: Die Jugend)
Quotes by Mr. Burns:
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.
I don’t like being outdoors, Smithers. For one thing, there’s too many fat children.
What good is money if it can’t inspire terror in your fellow man?
[answering the phone] Ahoy hoy?
Nonsense! Dogs are idiots! Think about it, Smithers. If I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over you, what would you say?
Smithers: If you did it, sir?
Ah, Monday morning. Time to pay for your two days of debauchery, you hungover drones.
(Image Credits: Darwin Bell)
“those are supposed to be BAGGY pants!”
(Image Credits: koroshiya)
The Simpsons Chess
(Image Credits: BigTallGuy)
(Image Credits: YanivG)
(Image Credits: YanivG)
(Image Credits: Hop-Frog)
Simpsons House In Real World
Possibly related posts: